The successful candidate will be responsible for design and development of driver, supplicant, and application layer software as a key member of our Holtsville, NY Wireless LAN and Bluetooth development team. Ideal candidate will have a strong embedded design background and architecture experience. Candidate should also have experience with Android operating systems programming in C/C++/java languages.
Specific responsibilities include:
- WLAN device driver design and development skills for Qualcomm, Broadcom, Marvel or MediaTek Wi-Fi stack.
- Proficient in debugging and implementing Linux device drivers.
- Working knowledge of development and debugging tools on Android OS, including Klocwork.
- Experience with network protocol stack design and Android networking software components. (e.g. DHCP, TCP/IP, UDP, Socket Programming, Routing concept, Subnet Concept etc.)
- Experience with bus interfaces (PCIe, USB, SDIO, etc.). This is make sure issues can be debugged related to SDIO, USB and PCIe interface between Wi-FI driver and firmware communication path.
Solid understanding of WiFi 802.11 principles and functionality. Must be able to speak to topics including Wi-Fi roaming logic, security protocols(WPA, WPA2..), etc.
- Should very capable in handling Wireshark and omni peek wireless sniffer tools to capture wireless packets and analyze the network and device problems.
- Establishes requirements for Wi-Fi feature implementation on the Zebra Mobile computing devices. Insure correct features are incorporated and prioritized in the projects.
- Architects and designs Wi-Fi feature implementation on the Zebra Mobile computing devices. Completes all phases of the projects. Follows through on all in-process and final inspection activities.
- Drives code review of projects. Develops and applies technical and quality improvements. Creates new programs, technologies and solutions based on novel or unique ideas related to Wi-Fi analysis and Wi-FI behavior improvements. Insures new ideas and methodologies are documented for use by software teams for implementation.
- Provides status report on the feature development for tracking the progress and mitigate any road blocks in meeting the project schedules.
- Defines requirements for Wi-Fi software tools to analyze the packet capture and also allow to change RF parameter for RF teams testing.
- Initiates cross-company collaboration and develops positive relationships with other engineering disciplines to come up with new solutions/improvements for Wi-Fi experience in Enterprise use cases.
- Uses status as a knowledge leader in software design and functional knowledge across multiple engineering disciplines and program management to provide technical leadership to a given program.
- Defines requirements for and may design complex new tools to aid in the analysis and solving of complex problems.
- Initiates cross-company collaboration and develops positive relationships with other engineering disciplines.
- Exercises judgment (within broadly defined policies and practices) in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- May coordinate the activities of other junior engineers.
- Interacts with product management to present feature deliverable roadmap on a given platform
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. Interacts with management and senior customer personnel on matters requiring coordination across organizational lines. Represent the organization as the principal customer contact and often performs project leadership