The Connectivity team within the Enterprise Mobility and Visibility organization delivers seamless voice and data network connectivity and other key technology solutions to enterprise customers to enable mission critical business applications. We are seeking a WLAN Testing and Solutions Engineer for the NY development team to play an important role in testing customer use cases and solutions for our next generation WLAN solution that extends our value proposition to meet our customers' current and future needs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing test and solution setup for Wi-Fi enterprise use cases as a key member of our Holtsville, NY Wireless LAN and Bluetooth development team. Ideal candidate should have a strong Wi-Fi protocol concepts and experience in setting up different enterprise Wi-Fi infrastructure (e.g. Cisco, Aruba, Extreme, Ruckus etc.). Candidate should also have experience with Android operating systems debugging capability. Specific responsibilities include:
- Experience with network protocol stack design and Android networking software components.
- Proficient in installing and configuring different Wi-Fi infrastructure access point and wireless controller from Cisco, Aruba, Extreme, Ruckus etc.
- Proficient in defining the Wi-Fi solution test setup, installing and configuring to meet multiple enterprise use case.
- Should be very familiar with Android debugging capability and able to pull logs, read logs and narrow down the area of problem.
- Solid understanding of WiFi 802.11 principles and functionality. Must be able to speak to topics including Wi-Fi roaming logic, security protocols, TCP/IP, DHCP, etc.
- Write requirements documents, functional test plan and create test setup diagrams.
- Should very capable in handling Wireshark and omni peek wireless sniffer tools to capture wireless packets and analyze the network and device problems for various 802.11 protocols.
- Should be able to travel various customer places to debug troubleshoot issues in customer network environment and provide solution and correction for device configuration or infrastructure configuration.