Enterprise Intelligent Software (EIS) BU within Zebra (www.zebra.com) is looking for QA Automation Engineer to perform the role of data validation and testing automation engineer for data platform. The QA Automation Engineer will work with data in the Savanna platform coming in from various sources as well as data that travels along transformation paths to the delivery or presentation layers.
* Understand business requirements and come up with automated ways to do data validation all the way from source to target tables.
* Work with both the Product Owner and development team to understand QA needs and develop QA Test Plan accordingly.
* Work hands on to do both manual inspection of source and target data and then come up with automated ways to do data validation.
* Work with team members from QA, SysOps, Developers and Support.
* Actively monitor EIS Service Desk tickets and reproduce issue. Escalate and track until resolution.
* Strong problem solving skills and ability to re-engineer data models and flows.
* Provides accurate problem identification, root cause analysis, ticket documentation.
* Adhere to support policies and procedures.
* Establishes strong working relationships with team members and across functional teams.
5+ years of QA/Data validation experience in a data driven application environment.
* Experience with Robot Framework or Selenium for automation.
* Experience working with databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra.
* Experience working with Windows, Linux and Android.
* Experience testing RESTful API.
* Working knowledge of mobile testing using iOS and Android.
* Working knowledge of web technologies including REST, JSP, Servlet, XML, HTML, Portals, Web Servers, etc.
* Must be a self-starter and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Experience testing using Amazon AWS is a plus.
* Basic understanding of Docker containers a strong plus.
Bachelors degree and 4+ years experience or Masters degree and 2+ years.experience