The Product Management team drives the development of product definition and planning to optimize the company’s products and solutions. The team applies broad knowledge of company’s product and solutions capabilities as well as the competitive environment to identify new growth areas, new technology and emerging product opportunities. Oversees the analysis and evaluation of key market statistics and customer requirements to define product strategies and identify product opportunities to expand market share.
The Product Management team also evaluates in-depth market analysis and leads business case development for optimization of existing products and solutions alternatives and/or to create the next generation of new products. Collaborates with research and development to create products and validate early product definitions. This role is both strategic and technical in nature and requires meaningful industry experience.
As a Senior Manager, Product Management, you will be responsible for a specific product line contribution to the overall business unit. This includes increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects.
The Workforce Connect Solution team is looking for a Senior Manager with 10+ years of multi-modal communications(voice, push to talk, messaging, video & virtual assistant) technology industry experience with focused product management, and go-to-market planning and execution experience with an emphasis on Mobility Application Development.
Subject matter expertise and visionary product strategy and requirements definition knowledge of next-generation enterprise focused mobile communications and collaboration solutions including technology pillars of: Push-to-Talk, messaging and VoIP Clients, Unified Communications including instant messaging and video chat, Location, task management, WLAN and WWAN network integration, Fixed Mobile Convergence, voice communication integration in applications and mobile OS’s, and 3rdparty networks and infrastructure products is required. In addition, enterprise deployment challenges like role and profile management will be key to managing our growing list of applications available to our Enterprise customers.
• Responsible for leading the product management of staff communication and collaboration throughout the life-cycle from ideation to successful business including leading the go-to-market strategy, product positioning and detailed launch plans for new products.
• Own the P&L for Work force connect products and develop business plans, pricing and licensing strategies for products and technologies
• Actively supports the Sales organization as required in select sales presentations, proposals and opportunities. Responsible for competitive analysis, as represented in developed presentation materials including detailed metrics and analysis to support business case and product development process.
• Work closely with internal stakeholders throughout the development process in negotiating design trade-offs that may be needed, while preserving the requirements stated in the market requirements document (MRD). Internal stakeholders include but not limited to product marketing, end users, channel partners, sales, engineering, support organizations, and business support systems.
• Partner & collaborate with sales teams and drive the customer and market requirements into product management. Gather customer, prospect and technology partner input to understand customer scenarios and technical requirements and act as technical expert on customer use cases. Act as the Voice of the Customer to Product Management and Solution Developers.
• Ability to work in a cross functional environment and develop staff communication and collaboration solutions
• Must have very good experience in developing market and customer requirements and convert them into product road map.
• Collaborate with field sales on customer engagement strategies, sales enablement, and lead technical discussions with targeted customers.
• Successful candidates must have strong hands on experience with Voice, PTT and Cloud based services and ability to demonstrate the developer interfaces to tier 1 customers.
• Successful candidate must have some knowledge of business fundamentals, cost accounting & cost benefit analysis
• Assist in creating technically oriented materials including internal and external tech notes, white-papers, and customer facing technical presentations
• Travel as needed to visit customers, partners, attend seminars, trade shows or meet area sales personnel.
• Bachelors Degree; preferably in the area of Engineering and/or Business Administration (Master’s Degree Desired).
• 10 or more years of product management in unified communications tools like Voice, PTT, messaging, Video collaboration tools
• Must understand the target markets and customers multi-modal communication use cases and have the ability to translate market/ customer use cases into product requirements.
• Passion for and knowledge of technology related to: mobile computers, mobile communications and collaboration, wireless infrastructure (WWAN, WLAN, PAN and security), software (OS, GUI, applications, utilities), and related emerging technologies.
• Must have strong background in mobile identity and access management delivered through an On-Demand (SaaS) and/or customer hosted products and services
• Deep understanding of financial concepts including P&L, balances sheets, and ROI models with delivery of product through defined objectives
• Ability to assess complex market landscape and create focused, integrated product plans
• Attention to detail, and strong understanding of complex products and systems
• Multi-task and manage complex programs
• Advanced market knowledge in assigned product vertical, category or technology or solutions
• Highly creative with ability to think strategically and develop strategic/business plans
• The successful candidate will be a self-starter; this individual must be adaptable, persuasive, tenacious and perceptive and be able to execute a well-developed plan.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with strong ability to interact with customers
• Strong communication skills including written, verbal and oral presentation skills as well as ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior management, managers, clients and customers.
• Strong planning and execution skills
• Successful candidate will be someone who has initiative, ownership, process orientation and agility. These qualities will provide stability in our fast pace environment
• Must understand Agile / Scrum development processes and how product management plays a key role
• Excellent skills in Microsoft business applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to travel- 30%