Takes ownership of assigned end-user account(s) or territory; develops and executes sales strategy for assigned account(s) or territory with manager’s input; develops strong relationships with key customer contacts and leverages to Zebra’s advantage; creates and delivers high impact sales presentations and capable of product training; often used for those with strong technical background but limited sales experience or strong sales with limited product/market understanding. Develops and executes sales strategies with minimal input from manager for a higher level of financial responsibility; proactively sells solutions encompassing a wide range of products or services; as required leverages relationships with other business units and/or external partners to deliver solution; Develops strong relationships with key decision makers and influencers; Initiates and leads customer presentations and value proposition creation.
Generally reserved for top 10% most senior sales talent with greatest responsibilities; leads business planning, including participation in quota setting and defining overall sales strategy; anticipates customer needs and works to define innovative solutions; develops strong relationships with corporate-level executives and industry influencers; leads creation of innovative solutions for others to sell
• Generates revenue and profit margin for Zebra Technologies in assigned accounts and territories with the ability to generate between $1-$5 million in new revenue streams annually. Quotas may range from $6 million to $20 million+.
• Works closely with a network of channel partners to ensure the successful marketing of Zebra.
• Account penetration and development: conducts daily/weekly call campaigns that result in 5-10 face-to-face sales calls/appointments a week.
• Planning: Needs to be a planner—have a plan, work the plan, re-evaluate the plan monthly, and revise it as necessary. Identifies high potential sales opportunities (with channel partners and Sales Manager) and prioritizes them. Build rapport and educates customer both with and without the use of internal and external resources.
• Qualifying & Analysis: Leads and develops account strategy using customer’s growth plans, budget and project timelines.
• Proposing & Closing: Submits and presents the customer with a finalized collaborative proposal with solutions, justifications and expected results to overcome objections and win the business with maximum revenue/margin.
• Validating Value: Engages sales management to validate the business impact with the CXO level.
• Commit Process: Understands and executes effectively the pipeline 2X, forecasting, and commitment to buy process –(95% to 110% accuracy).
• Builds a Business Case: articulates Zebra message and provides an overview of Zebra products and services and works collaboratively with ISG when necessary.
• Implementing: Oversees the implementation of the proposed solution by the integrated account team.
• Follow-up: Insures high post sales satisfaction that enables repeat business with customers.
• Team Work: Must be able to work in a virtual team setting to coordinate the appropriate resources to meet varying customer requirements. This will include technical architect resources, service sales personnel, order management, and product management.
• Escalation: Must be able to elevate customer issues quickly and effectively within the various support channels of the company, to include service, product management, order processing and senior management.
Account Planning: Experience utilizing account planning tools such as SalesForce, Phifer, Holden, etc.
• Large Account Sales: Demonstrated successful track record selling to large accounts either established or prospecting for large new business or opportunities. Previous experience calling on and selling into CXO levels of large corporations is mandatory. Possesses a fundamental understanding of solution selling.
• Channel Collaboration: Must have a proven track record of successfully managing and maintaining relationships with channel partners. Must be able to manage account activity with multiple partners.
• Resource Utilization: Able to articulate experience managing multiple resources such as: Inside Sales, Channels, TA’s, Professional Services, etc.
• 5-10 years selling in technology, hardware-related environment—preferably in a manufacturing environment. Candidates who have software and applications background, must have 2-3 years Value Added Reseller experience. Networking experience—selling through resellers is a plus.
• Prior experience in relationship selling is required—especially with Partners and Channels.
• Quota assignments of not less than $8-$20 million with successful demonstrated performance against quota assignments for multiple years.
• Specific selling experience with identified named accounts and/or vertical markets.