At Zebra, we’re reinventing how businesses operate at the enterprise edge - helping them run faster, smarter, and more connected than ever before.
A dynamic community of builders, doers and problem solvers, we each play a unique role - shaping new technologies, bringing solutions to market, and partnering with companies on the front line of business.
Being a part of Zebra means making your mark as we make digital transformation a reality.
It means growing into a leader at a leading company that makes a distinct difference - because together, we’ve only just begun.
We build today, so we can create tomorrow.
Join Zebra and change the world with us.
Develops, designs, evaluates, and/or modifies systems consistent with customer and regulatory requirements. Develops system architecture, and ensures the integrity of the architecture/design. Work is evaluated upon completion to ensure objectives have been met. Determines and develops approach to solutions.
Zebra Technologies (Zebra.com, NASDAQ:ZBRA) builds tracking technology and solutions that generate actionable information and insight, giving companies unprecedented visibility into their businesses by giving physical things a digital voice. Globally Managed Support Services (GMSS) is an exciting part of the Zebra Technologies business, created to deliver innovative service offerings that increase the productivity and efficiencies of businesses and public organizations across key vertical markets. The Service Technologies team within GMSS is looking for an experienced Lead DevOps Engineer to develop new products, enhance and support existing products.
The Lead DevOps Engineer will be part of a team developing and supporting a customer and partner facing cloud based Big Data platform. This platform gives our customers, partners, and professional services teams valuable insights to increase productivity, efficiency, and ROI. Using some of the latest technologies like IoT, Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning and modern data collection mechanisms our platform gathers operational and support information for analysis and provides consolidated and actionable information to help our customers and partners manage their devices in the field. In this position you will be working with the team to build, improve, and manage automated pipelines that support our development, testing, and production services. You will interface with all members of the team and members of other teams that maintain supporting applications and systems.
The Lead DevOps Engineer will have a wide variety of responsibilities
- Help develop, improve, and manage automated development pipelines
- Develop and maintain continuous integration and deployment mechanisms
- Interface with QA to build and maintain automated testing in the development pipeline
- Utilize containerization to make the deployment and testing process repeatable
- Utilize Blue Green production deployment mechanism to make it error proof
- Lead a small team of 2-3 DevOps engineers
- Regularly interface with developers and team members for capacity and architecture planning
- Work with the Engineering team in resolving connectivity, access and other related issues
- Work with Zebra IT on security, hardware issuance, replacement and other related activities
- Make recommendations for improvements to existing architecture for performance, security, maintainability, and cost
- Participate in implementing architecture changes
- Develop and provide system performance and status reports as required by business unit
- Interface with support for issue resolutions
- Perform root cause analysis of issues and prepare mitigation solutions
- Help with issues in production and development environments that require manual intervention
- 5+ Years (with Bachelors degree)/ 4+ years (with Master's Degree) of experience in software engineering and or IT organizations building applications, IT infrastructure, Cloud infrastructure etc required.
- 5+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services and or Google Cloud Platform setup and administration: VPC, Subnets, EC2, EMR, ELB, S3, Hadoop, Dataproc, Route53, WAF, IAM, AD, End Point Security, Cross Account Access Setups, etc. required.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration especially in a cloud environment. Redhat experience preferred.
- Experience with container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes for development and production environments
- Experience or exposure to IoT technologies on AWS is a great plus
- Experience or exposure to Machine Learning on AWS is a great plus
- Automated health, performance, and log monitoring specifically in a cloud environment
- Tools such as AWS Cloudwatch, Nagios, Elasticsearch, Splunk, ELK, and Sumo Logic.
- System security & hardening especially in a cloud environment and specifically AWS:
- Network security especially around AWS implementations: VPC, ACLs, Security Groups
- Securing access to development and production environments
- Securing and hardening hosts a plus
- Experience with tools like OSSEC and SIEM a plus
- WAF solutions like AWS WAF and CloudFlare a plus
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef, AWS Config, AWS Cloudformation, or similar
- Good scripting skills especially around task automation
- Python or Ruby
- Familiar with using and managing systems like Jira, Confluence, and BitBucket
- Skilled in reading log files. Good analytic skills to determine root cause of issues based on logs
- Familiar with source control especially using Git
- Experience with testing tools like Selenium a plus
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Dedicated to continuous improvement process including designing and documenting processes & procedures and automation
- Knowledge of basic SQL. Oracle RDBMS admin experience a plus
- Experience with NoSQL technologies preferably Cassandra and Cloudera Hadoop a plus
- Experience with Oozie, Kafka, or Spark a plus
- Must have the ability to take initiative and be entrepreneurial
- Must be a team player
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Must have a bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent